Mini Bathroom Makeover- Part II

I've had this very scratchy itch to turn my cranberry colored dining room peacock blue.  I love, love the color, but I don't know if it will go the way of cranberry in a couple of years.

#overthecranberrycolor

I silenced the demons by buying some of Target's Threshold (love) brand in shades of peacock, cream & mustard.  But then I reasoned that a powder room in a blue hue may be kinda nice.

After a little Pinspiration and trolling the paint sample aisle of Lowe's, I found some inspiration and chose a Valspar brand shade of navy-ish.  Just went and checked the can in the basement and the name of the paint is nowhere to be found.  Whoops!

I also liked the look of gold on navy and blank, antique looking frames on the wall.  I ended up buying four $3 frames at KMart and I don't think they look that bad!  I plan on hunting down some keys or somethin' to put in them.  Work in progress. (top two pics are inspiration, bottom left is my back wall behind the ol' terlet.)


After the walls were finished, I bought a sweet bronze mirror, light fixture & electrical plates at Lowes.  Not a great pic of light fixture because of the stupid flash, but it's got some glazed glass over the bulbs.

I finished off the room (for now) with the  Crawley Rug in "nickel"  from Ballard Designs. I love Ballard for affordable home accents like rugs &curtains.

(* here's a bonus hint: For small rugs (like....I don't know...powder rooms!) that may slide all over a wooden floor, you can cut a rug pad from a larger rug pad you may have to use under it.  Like so......




Now, besides some wall fixin's.....the only thing left is this delicious formica countertop....



Check out Part III to see Katie's Adventures in Faux Finishing Formica Countertops Fiesta Hour!



Comments